Monday, March 11, 2013

Hawaii Day 1-3

 
 Feels good to be back on the adventure train. I love getting on a plane knowing im going somewhere that I've never seen. Thinking about it gets me giddy inside. A couple weeks ago I decided I needed a break from the real world. Post graduation life is harder to take breaks than I thought it would be. Luckily, I work at two fantabulous places that gave me a week off without any fuss. shweet. So I impulsively bought a ticket to Hawaii with a huge group of people that go to Utah State or are USU alum. Aggies just love eachother, old or new, forever and ever, its contagious.


First couple days we spent getting to know the island. Which you can drive across in like 2 hours. Saw 3 different kinds of sands within miles.. I loved that. 

 old friends and new. Matt, Ben, and Fish.




 oh food. lots of really nice sticky rice and macaroni salad.  not complaining. 





 Acai bowl. acai berry mix, granola, berries, bananas, honey. 
bees knees.
Come to momma. 



We lived in this beauty the first couple of days. Its called the farm, because its on a farm. Naturally. ha its got 3 bedrooms, a ton of couches, a few futons, and 4 hammocks to go around. total of about 15 people sleeping on every surface of this place. 



There are random chickens and birds roaming everywhere, and cows and wild hogs. It feels like we're out in the forest, but also a farm/ranch. Its a weird atmosphere that im totally eating up and loving. I mean the owner of the house brings us fresh eggs every morning. Talk about hospitality.

 View looking off the porch.






 No need for alarm clocks in this house, We have a friendly rooster around the property helping us out with that.

 Today was rainy for majority of the day til the late afternoon when it cleared up. So we went to Waimea Beach where there was MASSIVE waves. Kids, these aren't California waves.. these are monsters. We weren't allowed to get in the water. The only people in the water were people that were at least a couple years experienced in these conditions of waves. One of our guys tried to boogie board but the lifeguard got on his megaphone and specifically pointed him out and said, "uh, sir in the red shorts, why don't you just go ahead and turn around and come back to shore because you can't handle these conditions." hahahah us main land noobs.

 One of my buddies from back home came out to visit his cousin, so they came to hang with us for the day.

It was finally time to hook up the slack line to palm trees. yes please.







 We met some other groups of people we didn't know that joined us. It was definitely a highlight of my day. 





Its already going by too fast. And I can't believe its taken me this long to come here. 
p.s. aloe lotion is life saving.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how I've missed your blogging! I love you!
    Blog again before you come home ;-)

    ReplyDelete