Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day 21-22 Florence


 Yesterday afternoon we arrived in the middle of the hustle and bustle of Florence.
I think the first time I ever decided I wanted to go to Florence was while I watched  
While you were sleeping as a kid.. ya know, the holiday movie with Sandra Bullock from the 90's. Well she talks about her first stamp in her passport being Florence, so wham, right then is when i learned about this place. Obviously not knowing much as a child about it, but I still wanted to come, all because of Sandra Bullock. 
Our hotel is extremely quaint and exactly what a cliche Italian apartment should look like, at least from what my imagination has already pin pointed that to look like. The photo above is our view from our balcony.

 I'd be lying if I said I didn't actually love the whereabout of this place. its perfect.

 Well, i spoke too soon. The shower smells SO rank like sewer that I was so tempted to just not shower while Im here. 

After we got settled, we decided to go to a 3 course meal restaurant.



I WILL CONTINUE TO NARRATE THESE DAYS TOMORROW HEN I CAN KEEP MY EYES OPEN? night.

Now that it is a new day I can continue. 

 
Probably my favorite Cathedral thus far: the Duomo. It looked incredible at night time.
It is HUGE too. I look like an ant in this photo.


That same evening we decided that in every town we go we want to 1. watch the sunset 2. Eat Gelato while watching the sunset. 

 
So thats just what we did.

 
Then things got a little weird after the sun went down. Which brings us to the next day.





We had to see the Duomo in the day light to get the big picture.


 We decided we HAD to see the David statue before we left Florence, or we'd regret it so we waited in line for about 2 hours to get in. And of course right as we got up to the maroon ribbon they cut off the group, so we had to wait even longer. These things always happen to us.



One may find it strange to wait in line for 2 hours to see this.. but once we actually laid eyes on it... we instantly knew it was worth it. The David is the most perfect piece of art in the history of art. Michaelangelo studied the body throughout his entire career, and used numerous models to look at, all taking the best features that they offered and compiling them into the perfect man. And I'm not kidding, this is the most realistic looking statue, and at any moment it looked like it could start breathing. I think we sat and stared at him for a good half hour.


we werent supposed to take photos .. but my friends snatched a couple with her camera on her phone. There were others taking photos and getting yelled at so bad. the guard from all the way across the room would at these people NO FOTOOOO! it was a little dramatic if you ask me. 

But don't worry, homeboy was re done and painting for you entertainment. OR if you wanted a picture with something similar to as to the scrap book. lol

What did I tell you, Europe freaking loves me. 

Motor bikes everywhere! Not to mention moments before i took this photo the closest motor bike was side swiped with a bus... and the bus just kept driving. 





I had a great time just lurking on people in the main square today.  







 
 
 

























2 comments:

  1. ugh, i hate when i run into models riding bicycles in florence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I do to was she your tourist of the day a beautiful model the one with the curly hair an big cheesy smile on ha ha. That cathedral was absolutely stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete