Saturday, May 19, 2012

Day 4 Flea Market/Belvedere/Hundertasserhaus/Prater



 European Flea Markets are better than in the States. Sure, all the antiques from their wars and stuff, I don't get, because I don't know all of their history. There's something about bartering with people that can't speak English, that makes it better. The first stop of today was obviously to a huge Flea Market of peoples personal stuff. Basically the biggest foreign garage sale you've ever seen. my heaven. After a ring or two, some flowy pants, and a couple other purchases, we all were marketed out and bounced.



 most of our transportation... besides walking.

 We then met up with Alan at the Karlsplatz where a couple men were serenading the crowd with their accordions, and we enjoyed finally the best weather yet. 
 
We hit up Belevedere, which to many is in the top 3 most important things to do while you're in Vienna. 

 ...its where lovers go. Actually that would be everywhere in Europe. Lovers... and smokers. You can't get away from them even if you tried. 

 From the out side entrance it already looks like an incredible palace.

 BOOM! there she is...isnt she perty? Minus the ugly construction in the back. 




 Our little model. We all have photoshoots of her everyday, and point out how many creepy guys look her up and down. We're really protective.


 we...
 love...
 eachother.



 Alright so this was a photo from inside the Belvedere, even though we weren't supposed to take pictures. So where i'm standing taking this lies the biggest art museum i've ever been in. It holds pieces from Claude Monet, Van Gogh and Gustave Klimt. If you aren't familiar with the art realm, they're a huge deal. It has the original The Kiss by Klimt, which was something I had been looking forward to ever since I decided to come to Vienna. Its one of my favorite paintings.
I snuck a little video of the actual painting because there were guards in every room making sure no one took photos. 

Here's Tourist of the Day. 
Not everyday will you see his/her face. I just had to give this guy props for jogging around this place for quite sometime. He was doin work. 


 Some Russian sculpture we came across. 

 I think i'll have to do child of the day or something because I just cant get enough.

 Tyra.. stop taking over every country. 

 I also was looking forward to coming to this apartment built in the 80's by an architect that didn't believe in straight lines. It's the truth.


 Everywhere you walk is wavy

 We couldn't go inside because people actually live in them, but I was told that even the ground inside is not even anywhere. 


 I wouldn't mind living here, if not everyone knew it existed..  there is constant tourists always all around.

 This is the Prater Park, a little bit smaller than central park I was informed. Tons of people were out and about today. Made the atmosphere nice.

 I don't think me and the group had ever been so starving than today. So we decided to try 3 new things, and share them all. Apparently they like to put corn on everything. I loved it. 

 I dont remember what this is called, but it was AMAZING. Kind of tasted like 'mild Indian food' like Katie said. 

Then some good breaded chicken stuff





 Gotta represent the home town when it appears. 
excuse the haggered disgusting appearance. It was a long day of travel today. 


 highlight of the day was riding the highest swing in the world.

 This was UN.REAL. For some reason really therapeutic. Really enjoyable. I want to get proposed to on this. ha 

 Especially since this was our view from up there. You can see the famous ferris wheel just hitting the sun, about to meet the mountain. It was perfection.

Well, folks its late. I love the heck out of days like today. 

peace and blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment