Monday, May 21, 2012

Day 6 Museum Quarters/Stadt Park/FHE

First on the agenda today we went to this fancy grocery store called Julius Meiner. Not really to buy anything but to just look around. It was a couple stories.. and had basically a whole level devoted to chocolate and alcohol. I saw these cans of tea and thought the little graphic guy was pretty rad. The packaging on majority of everything within the grocery store was really nice, or well designed. Of course, everything comes back to design. Which Europe does very well.. maybe the best?? I don't know the stats, but I'd say they're killin' it in the design department.


 No joke. everything looked just so beautiful. shined to perfection. 

 It tastes different .. in a good way,  here.

 Next stop was to the Museum Quarters which has a couple different exhibitions within it. We went to the Mumok, a modern museum. Had a lot of pop art and other kinds of installation type stuff. Dig the poster of the burnt guy? Yeah that's I think an up coming exhibit, bummed i'm missing out on that one. 

 Lovers. EVERY.WHERE.

 Came across a photo booth in the Museum Quarters. Haven't come across one of these since Logan had one in their Kmart with Kayde and Jonny Coop 2 years ago. Then they took it out. poop.

 Heather looks like she has a ball cap on. 

 I love the dad and daughter on the right.. flower power pride.

 So this batch just caught my mouth.. haha but dont worry i got one with me more in it.

 5 of the 7 Von Trapp children.


We had lunch at a cafe in the court yard area of the Museum Quarters (MQ as they call it).. I really can't tell you what soup this was.. it was the Soup of the Day so it just came and I partook. I really enjoyed it though. 

 Along with this delicious chicken with a sort of dense like pasta. really great!

 This is me in 27 years. Hanging out in the MQ, rockin the curls.


 This is an Andy Warhol series of Mick Jagger within the Mumok.

 I didn't know this artist til today, but i thought it was funny with these signs. "sex can give you cancer"... "Shoot daughter for wearing miniskirts"  say what?

 Kaitlyn and I automatically related this to missionaries. The detail was incredible.


Photo of a girl in the 60's that was displayed in one the exhibits. America!

 After the museums, the day just got better and better. We met back up with our slacklining homies, and spent the rest of the afternoon with them, enjoying Stadt Park and talking about Austrian vs. American culture. It never ever gets old. 


 Fabian is really fantastic at it.. he became my personal slackline coach and kept saying, "you have to fight for it.. you get off, when it is not time to get off."

 Kaitlyn did fabulous for a first timer.. and in a skirt. props. Fabian was way nice and basically insisted he take photos while she tried it out.

 I also learned today that these guys are into parkour/gymnastics/break dance type stuff..  This was basically the scene of our afternoon.

 Fabian and I...I definitely fell off backwards a second after this was taken.


 I could of done this all day. Im addicted.

 We were fortunate to run into them the other day, because in reality they would be the type of people I most likely would hang out with at home. The American versions, ya know? Really great, nice friends. They cracked me up the whole time.


 We were so excited to get the chance to go to Vienna's LDS singles group Family Home Evening tonight as well. After getting directions and finding our way there, we were welcomed with open arms, and a Sloppy Joe, by this adorable senior couple from Texas. Brother and Sister Zaugg. English!! We met some of the local singles and had dinner, a lesson, and played a game. Then mainly talked to the Zaugg's and a couple girls. Can it get any more awesome how similar the church keeps itself around the entire world? Everywhere you go, its the same, and you always have a place to feel like you belong. 

 The inside of the Institute.

And from the outside. So nice and charming right?


The greatest thing I've been noticing during this trip, is that at the end of my days, I don't ever feel like I wasn't productive, or didn't fulfill enough within the day. Everyday provides new adventures and packed days that I feel like I'm actually spending my time wisely and in an incredibly educational way.

3 comments:

  1. Another excellent blog; please, though, no more shots of naked guys with sunburns! My favorite part, always: that you have a big smile in every photo! So glad you are are having such a good time, and that you actually saw some art and some design, too. Good on ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what dad said!! I LOVE the 'Lori smile' I can see the joy on your face and feel it in your words. I'm a little partial to the part where you went to FHE and met american missionaries ;-) ...Good work today! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh the institute! We went there for dinner and a lesson every week!

    ReplyDelete